Like chocolate chip cookies, a good oatmeal cookie recipe is one of those classic recipes that everyone needs in their recipe arsenal. These oatmeal cookies are chewy and delicious, and are healthier than your average cookie. These cookies are made with a mix of all purpose flour and almond flour. Almond flour is low in carbs and rich in other nutrients such as protein, magnesium as well as added fiber. Like almond flour, flaxseeds also contain fiber as well as protein. They are also high in omega 3 fatty acids.
These oatmeal cookies are buttery and delicious. Often times people pick up a oatmeal cookie and are disappointed because they are dry and hard, not these. This oatmeal cookie recipe won’t disappoint.
I decided to make these cookies with quick oats because that was what I had on hand. I’m not sure if rolled oats could be substituted in this recipe for the exact amount of the quick oats. Contrary to what I read the quick oats were great in the recipe.
Oatmeal Craisin Cookies with Flaxseeds
and chewy and will definitely satisfy your cookie cravings.
- 1-1/2 stick butter (softened)
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 2-1/2 cups quick oatmeal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2. In a stand mixer cream butter with brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined. 3. Beat in eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla extract until fluffy. 4. Mix in dry ingredients (oatmeal, flour, almond flour, flaxseeds, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt) until well combined. 5. Gently mix in dried cranberries. 6. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or the dull side of aluminum foil. 7. Using a 1 oz ice cream scoop or a cookie scoop to scoop cookie dough. 8. Place cookie dough ball on prepared baking sheet. Space balls of cookie dough evenly on baking sheet. 9. Bake for 7 minutes, and then spin the baking sheet, and bake for another 6 or 7 minutes. 10. Let them sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack.