This Thai Pork is delicious. There is a hint of added spiciness with the chili garlic sauce, but the mint is cool and refreshing.
1.5 – 2 lb pork tenderloin
2 tbsp ginger paste (divided)
2 tbsp garlic paste (divided)
1/2 of 1 small onion (diced)
1 tsp chili garlic sauce
1 handful fresh mint (chopped)
1/4 cup lime juice
3 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp soy sauce
1-1/2 cups chicken stock
1. Place pork in a gallon size zip lock bag along with 1 tbsp oil, 1 tbsp garlic paste, 1 tbsp ginger paste, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper. Massage the seasoning into the meat to ensure the entire piece of pork is seasoned. Zip up bag and refrigerate. Marinate pork for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Meanwhile make Lime Mint Sauce. Caramelize 1/2 onion in 1 tbsp of oil in a sautee pan over medium heat. Once onions have caramelized add 1 tsp chili garlic sauce. Pour in 1/4 cup lime juice and stir. Once combined, add 1 tbsp garlic paste 1 tbsp ginger paste, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 2 tbsp honey, and 3 tbsp fish sauce.The sauce will be thick, that’s ok. Add 1-1/2 cups of chicken stock to the pan.
4. . Cook sauce for 1-2 minutes. Add 1 handful of chopped mint to the pan. Mix the mint into the sauce and remove from heat.
5. Rinse and dry the sautee pan and put the pan back on the stove.
6. Over medium – high heat, add 1 tbsp oil to the pan. Sear the pork tenderloin on all sides.
7. Remove pork from the sautee pan, and place pork into an oven safe pan.
8. Pour lime mint sauce over the pork and roast pork in the oven uncovered for 30 minutes, remove pan from oven, and cover and roast for an additional 20 minutes.