These chicken lettuce wraps contain ground chicken and water chestnuts cooked in a savory sauce, served in cool lettuce leaves.
1 tsp oil
1 small – medium onion diced
2 lbs ground chicken
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 tbsp ginger paste
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 (8-ounce) can diced water chestnuts
2 heads butter lettuce
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Caramelize diced onion.
- Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks.
- Stir in garlic paste, ginger paste, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar.
- Stir until well combined. Ensure that the ground chicken is cooked completely.
- Stir in chestnuts until tender, about 1-2 minutes.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf.