Brown Sugar Maple Pecan
1-1/2 stick butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1-3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup chopped pecans
2 tbsp butter
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup confectioners sugar
pinch of salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer cream butter with brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Beat in egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract and maple syrup until fluffy.
- Mix in dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon) until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a 1 oz ice cream scoop or a cookie scoop to scoop cookie dough.
- Place cookie dough ball on prepared baking sheet. Space balls of cookie dough evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes, and then spin the baking sheet, and bake for another 6 or 7 minutes.
- Let them sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
- Prepare maple icing.
- Once cookies cool completely, dip them in drizzle them with maple icing. Let stand until glaze is set, at least 20 minutes.
Directions for Maple Icing
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan, and add maple syrup.
- Once the butter has melted remove from heat and whisk in confectioners sugar.
- Add a pinch of salt.
- Drizzle icing over cooled cookies, and allow icing to set for about an hour.