** I’m not the greatest at decorating but this recipe is very tasty lol 😂
3 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick softened butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg and 1 egg yolk
1/2 cup dark molasses
1. In a stand mixer cream brown sugar and butter. until smooth.
2. Beat in the egg, egg yolk, and molasses until combined.
3. On low speed, slowly mix the dry ingredients(flour, salt, ginger, allspice, cloves, cinnamon, baking soda) into the wet ingredients. The dough will be pretty thick.
4. Divide cookie dough in half, flatten into discs and wrap each disk tightly in plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours or up to 3 days.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Remove each disc from the refrigerator and roll out to about 1/8 inch thick on a floured surface.
7. Using a cookie cutter of whatever shape you choose, cut cookie dough and put on baking pan. Re-roll dough scraps until you’ve finished cutting the shapes you want.
8. Bake for 8-10 minutes
9. Allow cookies to cool before decorating them with tour favorite icing. I simply used the Wilton Cookie icing for these cookies.