Chocolate Chip Brookie
For the Brownie Batter
1 stick butter
1 cups sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 eggs + 1 yolk
2 tbsp corn syrup
1/3 cup Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder
2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
For the Cookie Dough
6 tbsp butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup + 2 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Cut a piece of parchment paper long enough to line the bottom of the baking pan with about a 2 inch over hang over opposite sides of the pan. If your parchment paper is too long, simply fold the extra under. Crease the paper so it fits nicely in the bottom of the pan. Lightly spray the parchment paper, and the sides of the pan with cooking spray.
Make Brownie Batter
2. In a stand mixer cream butter with sugar until well combined.
3. Beat in eggs, egg yolk, vanilla extract and corn syrup until fluffy.
4. Mix in dry ingredients (flour, baking powder cocoa powder, and salt) until well combined.
5. Pour batter into a prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
Make Cookie Dough
6. In a stand mixer cream butter with brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined.
7. Beat in egg and vanilla until fluffy.
8. Mix in dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt) until well combined.
9. Stir in chocolate chips.
10. After 20 minutes remove brownie batter from the oven.
11. Scoop cookie dough onto brownie batter.
12. Continue to bake an additional 20-25 minutes.