Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
Makes 18 cookies 3 inch cookies
1-1/2 stick butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
2 tbsp buttermilk
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1 tbsp red food coloring
1 tsp vanilla
1-3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer cream butter with and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Beat in egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract, and buttermilk until fluffy.
- Mix in dry ingredients (flour, baking powder cocoa powder and salt) until well combined.
- Add red food coloring into the dough and continue to mix.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a 1 oz ice cream scoop or a cookie scoop to scoop cookie dough.
- Roll cookie dough ball in confectioners sugar.
- Place cookie dough ball on prepared baking sheet. Space balls of cookie dough evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes, and then spin the baking sheet, and bake for another 6 or 7 minutes.
- Let them sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack.