Apple Toffee Pecan Cookies
Makes 24 cookies 3 inch cookies
1-1/2 stick butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
1 medium apple peeled and grated
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1-3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped candied pecans
1/2 cup toffee bits
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp butter cut in cubes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place chopped pecans, brown sugar and butter, and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Place candied pecans in a food processor to chop pecans into smaller pieces.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer cream butter with brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Beat in egg, egg yolk, peeled grated apple, and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Mix in dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg) until well combined. Mix in candied pecans and toffee bits.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a 1 oz ice cream scoop or a cookie scoop to scoop cookie dough.
- Place cookie dough ball on prepared baking sheet. Space balls of cookie dough evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes, and then spin the baking sheet, and bake for another 6 or 7 minutes.
- Let them sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack.