Caramel Spiced Apple Cookies
1-1/2 stick butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp caramel sauce
1/4 cup Apple Cider
1 medium apple peeled and grated
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground allspice
Apple Cider Glaze
1-1/4 cup confectioners sugar
4 tbsp apple cider
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer cream butter with brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Beat in egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract and grated apple and Apple Cider until fluffy.
- Mix in dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and ground allspice) until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a 1 oz ice cream scoop or a cookie scoop to scoop cookie dough.
- Place cookie dough ball on prepared baking sheet. Space balls of cookie dough evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes, and then spin the baking sheet, and bake for another 6 or 7 minutes.
- Let them sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
- Prepare glaze by whisking apple cider with confectioners sugar.
- Once cookies cool completely, dip them in eggnog glaze. Let stand until glaze is set, at least 20 minutes.