Snickerdoodle Eggnog Creme Brulee Cups
Makes 42 cups
2 tsp cookie scoop
1-1/2 stick butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1-3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon
Cinnamon Sugar for brûléeing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer cream butter with brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Beat in egg, egg yolk and vanilla extract until fluffy.
- Mix in dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg) until well combined.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with cooking spray. Using a 2 tsp cookie scoop, scoop dough into a mini muffin pan.
- Bake for 14 minutes.
7. Allow cookie balls to cool slightly, press dough into the muffin pan so it resembles a little cup.
8. Remove cookie cups from the mini muffin pan and allow them to cool completely on a cooling rack.
9. Once cookies cool completely, fill them with Eggnog custard. Place in the fridge, uncovered, to set up for at least 2 hours.
10. When ready to serve, sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture onto the cookie cups. One at a time torch the cups with a kitchen torch until the sugar melts and caramelizes.
3/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup Eggnog
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
4 large egg yolks
2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In a medium saucepan, combine the heavy cream, Eggnog, sugar and vanilla extract. Place over medium heat and stir to dissolve the sugar. Heat just until bubbles appear at the edges and mixture is steaming (do not bring to a boil).
- Meanwhile, whisk together the egg yolks and cornstarch in a medium bowl. Add 1 ladel of hot cream mixture to the eggs and whisk. Add another ladel of cream mixture to the egg mixture and whisk. Slowly add the rest of the cream mixture to the eggs and whisk.
- Pour mixture back into the saucepan and return to medium heat. Cook, whisking until mixture is thickened. This will take 3-5 minutes. Once thickened, cook for an additional 1 minute, while continuing to whisk.
2 tbsp granulated sugar
3/4 tsp ground cinnamon