Lemon Ginger Glazed Cookies
Makes 24 cookies 3 inch cookies
1-1/2 stick butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
Juice from 1 medium lemon (about 1/4 cup lemon juice)
Zest from 1 lemon
1/2 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
2 tbsp honey
1-3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoons honey
1 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer cream butter with brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Beat in egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract, lemon juice, lemon zest and honey until fluffy.
- Mix in dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt and ground ginger) until well combined. Mix in diced Crystallized ginger.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a 1 oz ice cream scoop or a cookie scoop to scoop cookie dough.
- Place cookie dough ball on prepared baking sheet. Space balls of cookie dough evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes, and then spin the baking sheet, and bake for another 6 or 7 minutes.
- Let them sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack.
- Prepare glaze by whisking lemon juice, honey, and water with confectioners sugar.
- Once cookies cool completely, drizzle them with lemon glaze. Let stand until glaze is set, at least 20 minutes.