Makes 24 cookies 3 inch cookies
1-1/2 stick butter
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 egg yolk
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup molasses
1-3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/8 tsp ground cloves
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer cream butter with brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined.
- Beat in egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract and molasses until fluffy.
- Mix in dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, allspice, ginger, cinnamon and cloves) until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a 1 oz ice cream scoop or a cookie scoop to scoop cookie dough.
- Roll cookie dough ball in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place cookie dough ball on prepared baking sheet. Space balls of cookie dough evenly on baking sheet.
- Bake for 7 minutes, and then spin the baking sheet, and bake for another 6 or 7 minutes.
- Let them sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack.