Muffins for breakfast are just the best. Aren’t they? The best way to eat a muffin is to cut it in half, and toast it with some butter 😋😋. I run errands just about every Saturday, which consists of BJ’s and the grocery store for some smaller items. Well when I lived in New York my grocery store of choice was Stop and Shop. And believe it or not they have amazing Pistachio muffins. After going to BJ’s I would always head to Stop and Shop and pick up a few pistachio muffins.
Sadly since I’ve moved to Charlotte, guess what I can’`t find….. Pistachio Muffins 😕😫. I miss them so much. I’ve decided to attempt to make my own.
I’ve attempted these pistachio muffins plenty of times. I’ve searched for pistachio extract, and its so hard to find. Finally I decided to try the recipe using pistachio pudding mix, its more readily available. They came out great.
1-1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
6 tbsp room temperature butter
1 egg plus 2 egg yolks
1 package of pistachio pudding mix (about 1/2 cup)
2-1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
1-1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped pistachios
A few drops of green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line standard 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- Combine flour, pudding mix baking powder, and salt into a bowl.
- Using an electric mixer set to medium speed, cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, egg yolks, and vanilla, mix until well combined. Reduce speed to low; alternate adding flour mixture and milk
- Add a drop or two of green food coloring until you reach the desired color.
- Divide the batter equally between each muffin cup.
- Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until light golden on top, about 30 minutes.
- Cool in muffin pans on wire racks for about 15 minutes before removing the muffins.
- Serve warm or at room temperature