For the Pecan Pie
1-1/2 cups Chopped Candied Pecans (Recipe Below)
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup melted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
1 oz bourbon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 8 10oz ramekins with cooking spray.
- Whisk corn syrup, maple syrup, eggs, butter sugar, bourbon, vanilla, nutmeg, and salt
- Add candied pecans to the egg mixture.
- Ladle pecan pie mixture into each ramekin.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile make the Crème Brulee Mixture.
For the Crème Brulee
2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup sugar
5 egg yolks
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp nutmeg
- In a sauce pan combine 1 cup heavy cream, sugar, and nutmeg. Bring cream mixture to a boil over medium heat. Stir occasionally to make sure sugar dissolves.
- Meanwhile bring a kettle of water to boil over high heat.
- Once sugar dissolves remove the pan from the heat.
- Temper the eggs yolks with the cream mixture. (Add 1 ladle of the cream mixture to the eggs, to bring the eggs to the temperatureof the cream mixture) Slowly add the rest of the warm cream to the egg mixture.
- Add reserved 1 cup of cream to the egg mixture.
- Whisk in the vanilla
- Strain through a fine-mesh strainer into a 4 cup measuring cup. (Discard any solids the strainer catches).
- Lower oven to 300 degrees
- Place ramekins in a shallow roasting pan.
- Pour or ladle crème brulee mixture over the cooked pecan pie in the ramekin.
- Carefully place roasting pan with ramekins on the oven rack; pour boiling water into pan, making sure not to splash water into ramekins. Pour the water until it’s about two-thirds the height of the ramekins. Bake until centers of custards are no longer sloshy and an instant-read thermometer reads 170 to 175 degrees, 45-50 minutes
- Remove ramekins from the pan, and place on a wire cooling rack. Cool to room temperature, about 2 hours. Set ramekins on rimmed baking sheet, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until cold, at least 4 hours.
- Uncover ramekins. Sprinkle each with about 1 teaspoon sugar, tilt the ramekins to ensure an even coverage of sugar. Ignite torch and caramelize sugar.
1-1/2 cups pecans
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp melted butter
- Place your pecans in a food processor and pulse until your pecans are coarsely chopped.
- Place chopped pecans, brown sugar, butter, and bourbon on a sheet pan.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.