Are you sensing a theme with me lately? Yes, I’m cold. And hot drinks are my favorite way to warm up during winter. Another thing I love to do at this time of year when eggnog is still everywhere is to add it to my hot chocolate.
As I did that recently, I thought about making my famous hot chocolate but using eggnog as the base for it instead. What a genius stroke of brilliance that was. Dare I say it is absolutely next level? It really is.
If you love eggnog and you love hot chocolate, you need to get with this and quick, before the last of the eggnog is off the shelves until next year.
First, I started by making a chocolate syrup in a pot and adding milk, eggnog, and half and half to it. And then, to make it extra magical, just before I take the hot chocolate off of there and add something soul-soothing: RumChata and Chocolate Liqueur. Serve this to people you love and who you want to love you because they WILL love you when you hand them a hot cup of this, I promise.
My biggest tip about regarding this recipe is don’t leave the hot chocolate on the heat after adding the alcohol. The heat will cook off the alcohol content, and we can’t have that happening now can we? Nope! Cheers to a beautiful New Year!
Eggnog RumChata Hot Chocolate
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup boiling water
2 cups milk
3 cup eggnog
1/2 cup half-and-half cream
1/2 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup Rum Chata
1/2 cup Chocolate Liquor
1. Combine the cocoa, sugar and boiling water in a saucepan. Whisk to combine
2. Bring this mixture to an low boil and continue to stir.
3. Simmer for about 2 minutes.
4. Whisk in milk, eggnog, half and half, vanilla, chocolate chips and white chocolate chips.
5. Heat until very hot, but do not boil! Watch that it doesn’t scorch.
6. Add Rum Chata and Chocolate Liquor,
7. Remove from heat and serve.